> "shaun" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote :
> I'm pretty sure you can make php use the asp style % though too, not
> sure if that's for short tags, regular tags or both, I know it's in
> the config though, anyone know?

Info related to the above can be seen here :

  http://www.php.net/manual/en/language.basic-syntax.php
  http://www.php.net/manual/en/configuration.php#ini.asp-tags

Regarding PEAR standards, I think they're good to teach.  For instance,
imagine if all written PHP books and tutorials followed such a standard,
would that be cool?  Yes.  From there us PHP minions can do as we choose.
A related article is as such (see user comments too) :

  http://phpbuilder.com/columns/tim20010101.php3

Regards,
Philip