Thanks for that help!  Now I am getting an interesting error that I am not
sure what to make of.

Warning: REG_ERANGE in /home/httpd/www/worldvibe.org/digitall/edit_f.php on
line 91

Here are lines surrounding 91:

89->   strtolower($f_loc_name);
90->   $f_loc_new = "";
91->   $f_loc_new = ereg_replace("[^[_a-z0-9-\.]]", "", $f_loc_name);
92->   $f_loc_name = "";
93->   $f_loc_name = $f_loc_new;

I have tried tow other variations of line 91, and both of them do not seem
to work the way I am hoping for.

I have (since the last message, decided to remove the offending characters,
rather than replace them with an underscore (hence the "").  Below is an
example of what I am trying to accomplish:

Test_File#()*#$.txt should be converted to test_file.txt

TEST.file.#####.txt should be converted to sean.coyle..txt

I am not all that great with regular expressions, so any help I can get on
this is greatly appreciated!

Kind Regards,

Sean

On 4/17/01 11:01 PM, in article