> In the end it is not worth worrying about. If someone asks you what
> PHP stands for tell them it stands for the best darned programming
> language you ever saw.

>Not disagreeing, just wondering if people here see PHP as a programming
language, or a scripting language? Just curious >what the general
consensus is, as someone decided to challenge me over it recently and I
was left in two minds over it.

>Cheers,

>Rich

How 'bout this - 'PHP is an application development framework'.  I come
from a Lotus Notes background and get into the same kind of inane
religious discussions about 'you are/are not a programmer because <fill
in deeply felt belief/reason here>' in much of the same way I see for
other 'scripting/programming' languages.  I don't program, I create
applications and try and use the right tool for the right function.

This e-mail message has been sent by Kollsman, Inc. and is for the use
of the intended recipients only. The message may contain privileged
or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient
you are hereby notified that any use, distribution or copying of
this communication is strictly prohibited, and you are requested to
delete the e-mail and any attachments and notify the sender immediately.