Thanks for the reply,
I'm not using virtual hosts on my local machine but I am on the production
machine. What should DOCUMENT_ROOT return? I though it returns the directory
of the current script. So if I had a site in
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/cha/script.php then I would expect DOCUMENT_ROOT to
return /usr/local/apache/htdocs/cha/, is that right?

Is it posible to setup a virtual host on localhost?

Cheers,

Jord