At 3:50 PM -0500 12/18/06, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'm going to be controversial here and take issue with both of you.

2. Pointing out someone's signature as being off topic is even further off topic for this list. Please take personal issues into private email. I bring it up publicly as a reminder of proper list etiquette for anyone who happens to be reading this thread and to discourge this from going any further publicly.

tg:

As Jochem said "off-topic" cuts both ways.

If Mr Neuhauser wants to continually insult a group of people on this list, which is not only offensive but certainly off-topic for this list; and also wants to reprimand a poster for his post as being off-topic; then I should be able to point out the hypocrisy of his actions without being reminded of "proper list etiquette."

And while we're on the subject of "proper list etiquette" -- where have you been? Do you think his post since he joined this list are an example of "proper list etiquette"?

I find it unfortunate that this list permits such flame bait signatures -- but, that's not the point here. The point is that if Mr Neuhauser wants to correct people for their post being off-topic, then he should follow his own advice and clean up his own post or face critical peer review.

tedd

PS: Be as controversial as you want, this list isn't moderated -- but I think I know where the majority will draw their line in the sand on this issue -- for they are good well intended people who don't want to deliberately hurt others. In other words, they have compassion, which is apparently absent in Mr Neuhauser and most certainly not absent in "proper list etiquette".
--
-------