Stut beat me to it...  downloading multiple files at once is probably best done
with compressing them and just downloading the one file.

You could possibly rig a situation where the user downloaded one file, then a
certain number of seconds later, the page redirects to the next file to
download... but that would be slow and not terribly efficient.

Another option is to use a non-PHP solution.  List all the links to the files
they want to download and use a download manager like Download Accelerator Plus
(DAP), GetRight, umm.. some "*zilla" program I believe did it, or something
like the "DownloadThemAll!" Firefox extension.

-TG