Hi,

I am in the process of writing a simple but useful plugin for a blogging application....

Long story short, I want to give-back to the community (i.e. free plugin), but would like to make an attempt at retaining some credit if folks port/use to/in other scripts/blogs/cms apps.

Any tips or links ya'll could share with me?

Anyone have any /* comment blocks */ I could put in my code?

Something like this, for example:

/*
** THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY
** OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT
** LIMITED   TO  THE WARRANTIES  OF  MERCHANTABILITY,
** FITNESS    FOR    A    PARTICULAR    PURPOSE   AND
** NONINFRINGEMENT.  IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR
** COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES
** OR  OTHER  LIABILITY,  WHETHER  IN  AN  ACTION  OF
** CONTRACT,  TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF
** OR  IN  CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR
** OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
*/

Different verbiage, of course...

Or, should I just not worry about this?

Lol! I hope I am phrasing my question right... I have been up all night coding, so my brain is kinda mushy right about now. :D

Many TIA's!
Cheers,
Micky

--