Hi John,

> So it isn't as black and white as you say. There apparently is a
> place where you can not only copy, but redistribute, and as long as
> you gave proper credit, you don't have to pay.

Citing a reference in a book to another is not the same as reproducing that
ENTIRE book wholesale, page for page, illustration for illustration.

Compare oranges with oranges please.

> First off, I'd like to know where you got that 2,000 number.  Closest I
> could find was 456 on TPB, and I'm guessing that's 456 people that have
> downloaded the torrent.  Not necessarily 456 that have completely
> downloaded the book.

I didn't post that figure, but it doesn't matter if the actual numbers
are 2000 or just 2, it doesn't change a thing.

You said this problem was theoretical, I've proven it blatantly isn't.

I am not standing on some pulpit preaching here, I did my fair share
of cracking and spreading back in the 8/16 bit day, my slate is far
from clean - but the difference is that I *will not* hide behind any
'copyright is flawed' or 'they can afford it' facade. I'm well aware
that those actions are illegal, and I loath it when people attempt to
argue otherwise. I have far more respect for someone who says "I
copied it because I can't afford to buy it". At least they are honest
about their dishonesty.

Cheers,

Rich
--
Zend Certified Engineer
http://www.corephp.co.uk

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out of a window"