I think I would flush the output at the end before starting the second
script with functions (off my memory) like flush() and ob_flush()

This will ensure that the browser at the other end has received the
whole document and can in fact display it all.

I haven't looked into that myself but, best would be to close the
connection to the client as well, if that's possible, without
terminating the script.  This will prevent that browsers would display
terminates.

Simon