At 01:57 PM 6/06/2001, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I have three tables in my (mysql) database:
>
>videos - ID, title, description, etc..
>links - ID, videoID, actorID
>actors - ID, name, dateofbirth, gender, etc...
>
>what i need to do is return a particular video and all it's staring actors
>with just one query returning just one row, ie. with all the actor names in
>one field... is this possible? or do i have to get the video data first and
>then the actors separately?

$count=0;
$query = "select actors.*, videos.* from actors, videos where videos.ID =
'$ID' and videos.ID=actors.actorID order by actors.name";
$result=mysql_query($query);
while (mysql_fetch_array($result)) {
    if ($count<0) echo "Movie Title: $display[title] - $display[desc]<P>";
    echo "Actor: $display[name] - DOB: $display[dateofbirth] etc etc<BR>";
    $count++;
}

This is how I do it anyway. Make an incrementing value, and the if
($count<0) line basically says to display the title once, and skip it for
every other entry. Chances are the query would need tweaking but the
principle is there to get data from all needed tables in 1 query, then set
the loop to display the needed data from the 1 query.

There is probebly a more efficient way of doing it, but thats how I do it
anyway.

Chris