Christopher Wrote...
> You need to be able to tie at least one field from each table to
> one other
> field in another table, and then you can have a query like:
>
> SELECT videos.*, links.*, actors.*
> FROM videos, links, actors
> WHERE videos.VideoID = '$VideoID' AND
> links.VideoID = videos.VideoID
> actors.ActorID = links.ActorID

Thanks Christopher,

but wouldn't this return a separate row for each actor?  I'm pretty sure i
need something more than a simple join :o(

Here's my original question again: "what i need to do is return a particular
video and all it's staring actors with just one query returning just one
row, ie. with all the actor names in one field"

Ray Wrote...
> Something like:
>
> SELECT name, title, description from videos, actors, links where
> actors.ID = links.ID and videos.ID=videoID, and videos.ID = 20; ?
>
> But in just want one row?  You could return all the names in one row (I
> think) using MySQL (I assume?) string functions...  I have a funny
> feeling you need a sub select, which mysql doesn’t support...

Ray,  I have a funny feeling you could be right :o(

Cheers

Simon Kimber
Funny.co.uk - The Comedy Portal
http://www.funny.co.uk/

Now Incorporating: The UK Live Comedy Directory
FREE promotion for UK Comedy Acts and Venues
http://www.funny.co.uk/uklive/

eml. [EMAIL PROTECTED]
icq. 16156911