Tom wrote:

> i use ext3
> Im realy on no limit. destination ist /tmp and is  fairly empty.
> The question is now, if cache full => must hypothetical swap used?
> ok, im glad to see your result.

No, high utilization of file system cache will not cause any swapping -
file system caching uses whatever is spare.  If there's nothing, no
caching.  AFAIU.

I can confirm what you're seeing about the cache being used up - I
saw that too.  My cache-number only went to about 485000, and free only
down to 6000-7000.  My webserver also has 1Gb RAM, but it does a few
more things.

Does your free memory actually go as low as 0?  I don't think this is
about the file system cache - I know you said no limits, but what do
you have for post_max_size and upload_max_size ?  I'm using 1200M for
both for this test.

/Per Jessen, Zürich