How are you browsing to it from within PHP? Depending on how you are
doing it, the way to get the cwd is different

Ash
www.ashleysheridan.co.uk
--- Begin Message ---
I'll throw out an example here.

I have a directory structure of: /var/www/example/
And in that i have a file: index.php
That file echo's getcwd() and returns: /var/www/example/

Now i tell Apache or Lighty that if a directory does not have an
index.php file, that it should use /example/index.php (for example via
DirectoryIndex of Apache)

Then i make a new directory: /var/www/test/
And browse to it and it echo's /var/www/example/ since its running
that file via DirectoryIndex

This is true for all directories i make. Both for Windows and Linux
based servers.

To my question.

I am trying to get the full path of the current directory i am in. Not
from where the file is executing. How is that possible so it displays
a full path to that directory (regardless to the server setup)?

I have tried a variation of things and have gotten mixed results.
Using $_SERVER["SCRIPT_FILENAME"] gives me the index file and the full
path to that.
$_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"] gets me part of the way but on a hosted
server with multiple domains it only gives me a partial path (rough
example: /var/www/ when the directory is /var/www/domain.com/test/)
And __FILE__ gives me the index.php's path.
I have also tried realpath(".");
And server("pwd"); with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ólafur Waage