On Aug 29, 2008, at 4:09 PM, Robert Cummings wrote:

On Fri, 2008-08-29 at 15:52 -0400, Eric Gorr wrote:
On Aug 29, 2008, at 3:41 PM, Stut wrote:

I completely agree, but as far as I know it's only (and I use that
word carefully) people with both visual and audio impairments that
you cannot cater for.

I cannot see any reason why a person with both visual and audio
impairments could not be presented with a test to prove they are human.

Go on, I'm all eyes and ears... describe such a test.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captcha#Attempts_at_more_accessible_CAPTCHAs discusses this.

And, I look forward to see what those doing research in this area come up with in the future. It does seem obvious that since they are human, that a good test can be designed which does not rely on security through obscurity.