At 12:25 PM -0600 11/18/08, Stan wrote:
If I had a page written in HTML and I had a named anchor on that page
    <a name=myAnchor></a>
I could position the user at the anchor by
    http://myPage.com/myHTML.htm#myAnchor
but I can't seem to make this work if the page is generated
    http://mypage.com/myPHP.php#myAnchor

I've tried both FireFox 3.0.4 and IE 6 SP1.  Maybe I'm naive to even expect
this to work.  Should it work?

If not, how can I (can I even) position the user at some point into a long
page when the page is generated on the fly?

Thanks,
Stan

Stan:

That should work -- I just did exactly that for a client a couple of days ago. It does not make any difference if you are using html or .php -- it will work.

<a name=myAnchor></a>

Clicking tha above link will cause the myPHP.php page to load and the browser to go to the myAnchor tag within the page.

Check your spelling of the name and the href.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------