On Tue, 2008-11-18 at 23:51 +0000, Richard Heyes wrote:
> > Yeah, but it will mean that there will still be about 3 different
> > rendering versions of IE out there by the time it comes out; 7, 8 and 9
> > (I'm fairly sure 6 will have gone to that good ol' web in the sky by
> > that time)
>
> Sure, but depending on how closely it follows WebKit, could make
> testing on IE9, Safari and Chrome a breeze.
>
> --
> Richard Heyes
>
> HTML5 Graphing for FF, Chrome, Opera and Safari:
> http://www.rgraph.org (Updated November 15th)

Don't forget Konqueror in that list ;) It's not exactly the same engine
after Apple forked it from KHTML, but it's quite close, and both
Konqueror and Safari are said to be working a little more closely than
before to share the work done to the rendering engines since the fork.

I'm waiting for the day when Firefox starts using Google's V8 scripting
engine!

Ash
www.ashleysheridan.co.uk