Yeti wrote:
Just battling that fiasco myself. Konqueror and Dolphin combination just
does not work for me which is a pity - and KDE4 ..... I was pointed to xfce
which seems to be much more practical :)

Having ditched the Windows 'development machine' everything is now on a nice
linux box, but I was pulling my hair out with KDE4 ....

I think one has to look at KDE4 as the bloaded windows manager many
Windows switchers are looking for. With all its handy apps one does
not have to worry about how to get programs one had pre-installed
under Windows. For many unexperienced users it should make life alot
easier. Whereas for the other 25% KDE still is a great window manager,
but one should choose the "must-haves" before compiling it. With all
its useless tools/apps or whatever it takes alot of time to compile
(compare that to the linux kernel lol) and speaking for me, I don't
want 2 Gigs of never used data on my disk.

Forgot to hit - reply all - again :(
List emails should reply to the list :)
I think you have hit the nail on the head. Except that the 25% have problems finding things that have moved ... The one thing I needed was 'marbles' which was supposed to be KDE4 only, but it works fine under xfce, so I'm slowly culling anything else I don't need

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL