Micah Gersten wrote:
I'd rather all the engines follow the W3C standards so that you just
have to make sure your web page is compliant.

Thank you,
Micah Gersten
onShore Networks
Internal Developer
http://www.onshore.com

Though I always script to W3 Standards, I could care less if browsers follow those standards, so long as we wind up closer and closer to a general set of rules we can obide by.

If IE 9 does take on Webkit, that's one step closer. It means one less set of arbitrary rules to develop for, which is one step closer to a standard.

Just my opinion. I guess it's the same as the fact that I don't care so much for any given standards, as much as I do for the idea of those standards. Bad standards are still 7 steps ahead of no standards at all.

- Craige