From: Justin French [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2001 12:36 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: php
Subject: Re: [PHP] newbie has include path error

Hi,

If you can "surf" local host for standard HTML pages and other php pages
(without includes in them) eg:

http://localhost/file.html

Then the problem isn't the server really, it seems to me that the server
document root for your files should be something like:

/usr/local/apache/ not /etc/httpd/php/prepend.php

Can you ftp into your server?  What's the path to your document root for
all your html / php files?  I doubt it's /etc/httpd/php/file.html, if it
isn't this, then the problem is somewhere in your php cnfig to indicate
where the document root is.

Eh, it's kidna hard to explain...  maybe someone else can explain it
better :)

Justin French
Creative Director
Indent.com.au