i'm guessing your problems are unrelated.

for your network problem, it seems that you didn't really achieve
'networking linux box to windows host' correctly. can you currently ping
localhost? what does your route table look like?

as for the php problem. it's definitely a problem with your path. in your
error message
>> Warning: Failed opening '/etc/httpd/php/prepend.php' for
>> inclusion (include_path=") in unknown in line 0.
php thinks your include_path is ''. that means you have no include path, not
even '.'

mine is something like
.:/var/www/php:/var/www/docs/include:/usr/local/lib/php

this is defined in php.ini

what's really interesting, is that you call prepend.php with an absolute
path. you shouldn't even need the include path.

i'd look in php.ini. where do you actually store prepend.php?

mike

 -- mike cullerton