you will probably need to use two programs to
properly configure your linux box for networking

you have to configure a default gateway to tell the
linux networking stuff how to get out to the internet.

read the man pages on 'route' and 'ifconfig', the
binaries should be here:
  /sbin/route
  /sbin/ifconfig