From: mike cullerton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2001 11:22 PM
To: 'PHP List'
Subject: Re: [PHP] newbie has include path error & new problem

cool,

   you should be able to get the route table with either 'route' or 'netstat
-r' on a redhat box. they both return the same thing on my slackware box.

[use@box user]$ route
Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use
Iface
localnet        *               255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0 eth0
loopback        *               255.0.0.0       U     0      0        0 lo
default         gw.mydomain     0.0.0.0         UG    1      0        0 eth0

see how loopback points to the 'lo' interface? does yours?

like scott mentioned, you should read the man pages on route and ifconfig.
you can find good help at http://www.linuxdoc.org/

mike

on 7/2/01 9:53 PM, Daniel Goldin (E-mail) at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I'm on a redhat 7.1 box on a pentium 3 pc. I set up networking via netcfg.
> Here are the settings (names have been modified):
>
> Names
>
> Hostname         localhost.localdomain
>

> Hosts
>
> IP               Name                      Nickname
> 127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain       localhost
> 199.33.57.1     windowshost
> 198.77.110.8    internet.com                 ghc000
>

> Interface
>
> interface       IP                         Proto
> lo               127.0.0.1                    None
> eth0             199.33.57.3                  None
>

> Routing
>
> Default Gateway               199.33.57.7
> default gateway device        eth0
>

> Again, I appreciate your help.
>
> best,
>
> daniel