PJ wrote:

Thank you gentlemen. Basically, that's what I figured. But this does
give me some more stuff to mull over. The only thing I'm really
wondering is if it's worth doing anything with XML.

For display in a web browser, the only thing you should do with xml is what browsers know how to handle - xhtml and MathML (maybe a few others ??) - and IE still doesn't properly support either of those.

xml however is an excellent way to store information for data exchange between different applications, assuming the specification (DTD) is logical and well documented.

Don't use xml just for the sake of using xml, if that's what you are asking. Use it because a good xml specification already exists for what you want to do that makes it easier for data sharing between different apps / hardware.