Bob McConnell wrote:
> like a web based front end,
> exclusion of specific ingredients due to allergies and being able to
> attach dated notes about alterations or substitutions I try each time

That sounds wicked.
One of my brothers is allergic to corn.
Being able to flag ingredients that contain corn (usually ingredients that contain corn syrup) would also be great.

Fortunately nothing too drastic happens when he gets corn, he gets a rash and a bad attitude - but it still manages to slip its way into a lot of things you wouldn't think contain corn.

I think it may be corn syrup itself and not corn that he is allergic to, I don't remember.