> Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 15:54:05 -0500
> From: k...@daleco.biz
> To: kranthi...@gmail.com
> CC: aj...@alumni.iu.edu; php-general@lists.php.net
> Subject: Re: [PHP] Mail Function Problem
>
> kranthi wrote:
> > PEAR's mail package does support authentication.
> > http://email.about.com/od/emailprogrammingtips/qt/PHP_Email_SMTP_Authentication.htm
> >

> I will say "mea culpa" on this one; apparently I didn't
> dig deep enough into the PEAR docs to figure this out.
> It's certainly not mentioned on the manpage at php.net,
> but, of course, the PEAR stuff is elsewhere.  I read over
> the first page linked from the PHP manpage, so it must
> have been a lil' deeper than that.  If it's only available
> at about.com (lol), I'd suggest filing a PR with the PEAR
> folk's documentation team, eh?
>
> But, this time I'll do what I shoulda mentioned before and
> include the "IANAE" disclaimer on all things PEAR, many
> things PHP, and some things SMTP.
>
> Kevin Kinsey

I tried installing the Pear Mail package, it is now located in php/PEAR/Mail,
and my code is located in the htdocs. Here is the code:

require_once("Mail.php");
$mail = Mail::factory("mail");

$your_name = $_POST['your_name'];
$email = $_POST['email'];
$question = $_POST['question'];
$comments= $_POST['comments'];
$submit = $_POST['submit'];

if($_POST['submit']=="Submit") {
$from = "elite.engl...@att.net";
$to =  $email;
$subject = "Comments Regarding HH Web Design Studio";
$body = "From: $your_name\n E-Mail: $email\n Reason Contact: $question\n
Comments:\n $comments";

$host = "smtp.att.yahoo.com";
$username = "my_user_name";
$password = "password";
$headers = array ('From' => $from,
    'To' => $to,
    'Subject' => $subject);
$mail->send($to, $headers, $body);

if (PEAR::isError($mail)) echo "<p>" . $mail->getMessage() . "</p>";

This is what I get:

Fatal error:  Class 'Mail' not found in C:\xampp\htdocs\Alice.Wei\web\mail.php
 on line 30

Do I need to move the Mail PEAR class to the same folder as my web folder? How
can I make sure that my Pear is running?
Thanks for your help.

Alice