At 01:10 AM 8/23/01 +0100, you wrote:
>Or is PHP the be-all and end all?
>
>I know its strong points, but what are the WEAK points of PHP?
>
>- seb

PHP isn't default on Microsoft systems
You have to learn a new language for PHP: ASP is basically either VBScript
or JScript around some objects.
To answer the question in your subject line, I think that if you were
interested in programming, you should want to learn any new technology that
you could.  Plus, the more languages, the more employable, I would think.