From: Ryan Fox [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2001 4:44 PM
To: Wee Chua; MySQL (E-mail)
Subject: Re: Php connection with mysql?

In your situation, MySQL sees the client to be the web server, as it is the
box that connects to the database and executes queries.  If you need finer
granualarity on the access controls at the MySQL level, you can pass
different usernames/passwords to MySQL through the php mysql_connect()
function dependant on what user is authenticated in to your web server.  If
you need to restrict clients on a per-IP basis, you can do this at the php
level by checking the $REMOTE_ADDR variable and acting accordingly.

Hope this helps,
Ryan Fox