> The browser has no direct connection to MySQL, so you are correct --
> "those privilege tables are not helping to check on the privileges if
> the client is from browser".

I find this a bit misleading.  The privilege tables still work exactly as
they are intended.
That is, they check for a valid username and password pair and then check to
see if the
request is coming from an authorized ip address.  Because the web server is
on localhost
it is determined to be an authorized ip address and the privileges in the
grant table are
granted.

If, on the other hand, someone tried to connect to mysql remotely from a
mysql client,
their ip address would be checked, just as the web server's ip address is
checked.  If the
ip address is listed in the grant tables, privileges are given.  If the ip
address is not in the
grant table then access is denied.

It seems to me that you are concerned about who may or may not access your
web pages
that happen to access mysql.  If that is the case, then you are concerned
with your web
server's authentication scheme and not mysql's authentication.

For instance, if I have phpmyadmin running on my web server, I will need to
use the web
server's authentication scheme to verify by username, password and ip
address whether or
not the remote user should have access to phpmyadmin.  phpmyadmin, on the
other hand,
already has access to mysql because I put the correct username and password
in the
config file and it exists on localhost where I have granted privileges.

Fred