Basically, you don't "log on to mysql" through the internet browser.
You are using the internet browser only to request a file that is on a
web server.  The web server is handing the request to PHP, and PHP is
accessing the MySQL database.  PHP is accessing MySQL as whatever host
and user has been specified in mysql_connect().

The browser has no direct connection to MySQL, so you are correct --
"those privilege tables are not helping to check on the privileges if
the client is from browser".