Sean,

What's going on in incl.php. Are you issuing a session_start()?

What if it's rearranged like so, as I understand you have to register the session
variable
before using it.

include("incl.php");
session_start();
session_register("mine");
$mine++;
echo $mine;

There's the divide and conquer approach too.  What do you see if you comment out the
include,
then issue a phpinfo() and a die()?

HTH and Merry Christmas / Happy New Year - Miles Thompson