On 12-29 15:10, David Jackson wrote:
> Sean --
> Do you get the same errors, with Netscape 4.x?

Yep. The very same. I've tried Galeon, Mozilla, Netscape 4.x, and Konqueror.
They all result in the same error.

> > On 12-29 12:56, David Jackson wrote:
> >> Sean --
> >> Don't know if this help but here's what I just worked for me.
> >> What ver. of PHP are you using? It seem to me that 3.x.x needs
> >> PHPLIB: http://sourceforge.net/projects/phplib
> >> to handle sessions?  -- David Jackson
> >>
> >> --- sean.php -------
> >> <?php include("seaninc.php"); ?>
> >>
> >> --- seaninc.php ------
> >> <?php
> >> session_start();
> >> session_register("i");
> >> $i++;
> >> echo $i;
> >> ?>
> >
> > I'm using 4.0.6. I believe session handling was added as part of
> > standard 4.x, right (if configured to compile it)?
> >
> > Some more info: I tried with Konqueror, as I know a cookie needs to be
> > sent during the session_start() phase - I did get a dialog pop-up
> > asking if I wanted to accept the cookie, but I still got the error:
> >
> > Fatal error: Failed to initialize session module in
> > /usr/local/apache/htdocs/sesstest.php on line 2
> >
> > It says line 2 because I deleted some white space and commented out
> > code thas was before session_start().
> >
> > I set logging errors on, and sent it to syslog. Here's what it says:
> > Dec 29 12:12:57 free httpd: PHP Fatal error:  Failed to initialize
> > session module in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/sesstest.php on line 2
> > Dec 29 12:12:57 free httpd: PHP Warning:  Failed to write session data
> > (user). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is
> > correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0
> >
> > But /tmp exists, and is world writeable:
> >
> > free# ls -ld /tmp
> > drwxrwxrwt  16 root  wheel  1024 Dec 29 12:14 /tmp

> >> --
> >>

> >> --
> >> To contact the list administrators, e-mail:
> >> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> > --
> > Sean LeBlanc:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Yahoo:seanleblancathome
> > ICQ:138565743 MSN:seanleblancathome AIM:sleblancathome
> > In most countries selling harmful things like drugs is punishable. Then
> >  howcome people can sell Microsoft software and go unpunished?
> > -Hasse Skrifvars
> > Management QOTD:Work out a solution that fits with problem management!!
> >

> > --
> > To contact the list administrators, e-mail:
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sean LeBlanc:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Yahoo:seanleblancathome
ICQ:138565743 MSN:seanleblancathome AIM:sleblancathome
Teddy bears: They don't eat your food, dance with your date, or trump your ace
lead.
-Garfield (Jim Davis)
Management QOTD:This is like the first lap of a four-lap race. We all have to
stop thrashing and take a broad horizontal view across the
realistic goals.