Anybody interested in working on a PEAR module to interface PHP with
something like ImageMagick directly? I would love to see it. Maybe if I am
unemployed long enough soon I can work on it myself. Not that I really want
that to happen...

I think that might be the best solution for PHP's lack of image
functionality though...

Wes