>>Someone seems to have started this, although I'm not sure why he's not
>>going more object-based.
>>

>>http://pear.php.net/manual/en/packages.imagick.php
>>
>>I would prefer something like
>>
>>$i = new Imagick();
>>$i->read("file");
>>
>>instead of
>>$i= imagick_create();
>>imagick_read($i,"file");
>>

> it's open source. just do it more object orientated ... and i'm sure the
> author (me...) will be very happy to impelement it ;)
>
> honestly, OO-Interface was and still is planned, but i think
> more functionality is  much more needed at the moment than an oo
> interface. it was my first extension, so i wanted to keep it simple for
> the beginning.
>
> but if someone else likes to implement it earlier, i'm the last, who has
> a problem with that (and don't expect 00 soon from me ...)
>
> chregu

Hello -

Please don't take my comment the wrong way - I know what I'd *like* to
see (which is how I labelled it above) and what I'm capable of actually
contributing.  Doing C-code PHP extensions is beyond my capabilities, so
I make do with what others contribute.  Simply because something is
opensource doesn't mean everyone has equal talent to add in actual code.  :(

I thank you for your contribution of this code so far, and should you
continue to work on it in whatever fashion you choose, so much the
better.  It is appreciated, OO or not (it would just be appreciated more
if it was OO.)  :)

Thanks