Hello jtjohnston,

Saturday, May 11, 2002, 11:42:52 PM, you wrote:

j> This is a bug "Feature/Change Request" I made to:
j> http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=17158

j> setcookie() states "cookies must be sent before any other headers
j> are sent (this is a restriction of cookies, not PHP).

j> I argue this is a restriction of PHP, not cookies.

j> Here is my proof:

j> http://www.collegeSherbrooke.qc.ca/languesmodernes/cookie.htm

j> I can do this any time in <body> :

j> <script>
j>    setCookie("TestCookie","first time",expdate);
j>    var DisplayData = getCookie("TestCookie");
j>    document.write(DisplayData);
j>    setCookie("TestCookie","second time",expdate);
j>    var DisplayData = getCookie("TestCookie");
j>    document.write(DisplayData);
j>  </script>

j> I want to be able to setcookie() anytime I want, before and after I
j> declare any HTML.
j> This will never get changed, unless we ask for it.

j> I would appreciate your vote of support at:

j> http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=17158

j> before the bug people "close" this thread.

Are you kidding?

--
Best regards,
 Olexandr                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]