I am not clear what you mean by this. I have set session_start() on in the
php script that logs onto the database initially.  i then call a test php
script from a button on the menu frame. This is the output it gives:

Test php variables

Warning: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output
started at c:\usr\www\my-domain\maintenance.php:4) in
c:\usr\www\my-domain\maintenance.php on line 5

Warning: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output
started at c:\usr\www\my-domain\maintenance.php:4) in
c:\usr\www\my-domain\maintenance.php on line 5

Warning: open(/tmp\sess_593732809e269f91e78e7406d4a22808, O_RDWR) failed: No
such file or directory (2) in c:\usr\www\my-domain\maintenance.php on line 5
Test of global variables
DBA USER:
DBA Password;
Warning: open(/tmp\sess_593732809e269f91e78e7406d4a22808, O_RDWR) failed: No
such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the
current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

The script is:
<HTML>
<BODY>
Test php variables<BR>
<?php
session_start();
    printf ("Test of global variables<BR>");
    printf ("DBA USER: ",$_SESSION_VARS["dbauser"],"<BR>");
    printf ("<BR>");
    printf ("DBA Password; ",$_SESSION_VARS["dbapassword"],"<BR>");
?>
</BODY>
</HTML>

Is there a problem with how I am using sessiot_start, or is there a php
config problem?

Regards

Peter Goggin