Hi, I am trying to import some tables from a dump file into a MySQL database
from a php web page. What is the best way to do this without using backticks
(fpassthru, system, exec or something else) and test for success or failure?
I tried the following and while it works, my test for success or failure
always produces a "Success" even when I change something to make it fail. I
thought system() outputs the last line of the command on success and FALSE
on failure. Any examples appreciated.

<?php

$status = system("mysql -umyuserid -pmypassword mydbname <
/path/to/mydumpfile.txt");

if($status == 'FALSE'){
echo 'Failed';
} else {