I don't use cookies either due to the fact that some web browser block the
cookies and some web browser's bug that affected the cookie.  For example,
if Internet Explorer have a bug with the cookie then it is gurantee that
you'll never find MS to have this bug fix in a few days.  It could take 6
months or a year.  So, what's the point with using hte cookie?