Acknowledging the problem is the first step in recovery.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Geier [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: August 4, 2002 2:22 AM
To: Acer
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [PHP] Re: Protect PHP coding

Acer,

Did you ever consider the fact that ASP, JSP and CF jobs are
advertised more because their developers actually advertise?  When
was the last time you saw a commerical on TV for PHP?  And yet, due
to PHP's extensive development and interoperability, it is one of the
highest installed packages on web servers?

PHB's see the word 'FREE' and think 'baaaad' (obvious sheep
reference) because that is what the Gates' and Ellison's have taught
them to believe.  Companies like MS and Oracle advertise during the
Super Bowl and purchase news sites to tell you what they think you
should know.

Do they make a superior product because they advertise?  Or just one
that has a prettier ribbon on it?  Blaming the PHP developers
(commercial and otherwise) because you cannot get a job as a PHP
developer is like blaming Schwinn because you can't get a job as a
bike messenger.

.m