PHP is installed, but are you sure that is loaded by apache??
look the httpf.conf (i have slack but usually is in /etc/apache or
/etc/apache2 depends of the version) for a line like this:
Include /etc/apache2/mod_php.conf
be sure than that line is uncommented. if not, uncomment it and restart
apache (apachectl restart)

if this donīt work, tellme more about yor system (i guess than you are
using apache but i really dont know what server you are using..)
let me know, ok?

sebastian.