I hadn't thought about that, but it does sound like a possibility.
Although a browser isn't limited to 5 connections at a time. It is
usually set by the user and in my experience defaults to 4 and can be
set as high as 8. Most users (or even programmers) don't know about this
simple setting. It helps when you have a fast pipe (set to 8) or slow
pipe (set to 4). So perhaps it does have a hand in setting an upload
limit.

--
Brent Baisley
Systems Architect