John,

> > > You mention that it is a login script and that input is rejected. Is
> it
> > > rejected when it is initially typed in, or is it reported as
> rejected
> > when
> > > ensuing pages are served?
> When it's initially typed in.

=do you have multiple 'environments' (eg VHosts or even physical servers) on
your PHP/web server? If you run the errant machine against a copy of the
script in another 'environment' does the same happen?

=can you put a DEBUG line into the code and have the data displayed prior to
it leaving the PC/form, and as the login 'result' is being
processed/returned to the user? Where does it 'break'?

=is there anything silly about the person's login/pswd? Is it just the one
person's login that's at issue, or everybody's when they use that particular
PC-client?

> > > Please check the IE on the offending machine. Does it have security
> > > settings that forbid cookies?
> No, it's a default install of IE6. I have a check that'll put up an
> error if cookies are turned off and that's not the error I get. I get
> the error saying that the username or password didn't match anything in
> the database.

=not something dopey like a zero-oh transliteration error, eg passw0rd
instead of password?

> > > Check the ipconfig/all settings against other machines/check any
> > contents
> > > of HOSTS file (and the other MS one, if used)
> > >
> > > Check execution of phpinfo() against similar on other/working
> machines.
> >
> > Is it a plain old login script, or is it one which uses javascript to
> MD5
> > the
> > password? If the latter, you may want to check you've enabled
> javascript.
>
> It's just a plain log in script.
>
> I'm going to troubleshoot it more today and throw in some tracing to the
> functions to see where everything is going and what the login/password
> values are all the time. I just haven't had a chance to make it over to
> that computer yet.
>
> I have a feeling it's going to work out to be something stupidly
> simple... like these problems always do. :)

=embarrassingly so! If you're taking this all off a user's say-so, then it
sounds like an eyeball job to me...
=dn