"John Wells" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote... :

> Thanks for the reply.  I'm also impressed with Zend's autocompletion...I
> can't even get PHPEd to autocomplete on objects.
>
> Finally, one frustrating thing on the part of both editors is the
> inability to autocomplete on arrays of object references...but I suppose
> that's a little difficult with a dynamically typed language.

Isn't it a little bit too much of paranoia for autocompletion? In
programming schools they make you writing the programs on paper so you
understand it better :)

I, personally, only care about the code highlighting. Autocompleting
often exposes you to make silly mistakes (not always, of course) and
these are the hardest ones to debug. Copying, pasting and replacing is
much "safer", IMHO.

For that, I prefer EditPlus on win32 - simple autocompletion (I wrote
one for them - only functions), very fast, stable and "pleasureful" to
use.  Also, EditPlus is a generic editor so I can use it for PHP as well
as for Python, Java, C/C++, C#, SQL, PL/SQL etc... Though, it doesn't
handle projects well at all and is quite limited on PHP...

But, that's my own preference. Should I need an IDE I'd choose Zend
because it seems to me more affordable and better integrated with PHP.

--
Maxim Maletsky
[EMAIL PROTECTED]