From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2003 11:44 AM
Subject: [PHP] FTP not enabled in RedHat 7.x distro

Hi,

Installed RPM's from RedHat (latest patches) and using PHP with Apache
under RH7.1 Linux, lots of scripts, no problems.

The hitch is that a user just tried ftp_connect(), and got the
"unknown function" error.

Okay, so I expected this to be a missing php.so loadable module.
However, it appears more like an option "--enable-ftp" needs to be
specified at _compile time_ to get it working.

Is this really the case? Does RedHat _really_ not distribute with this
feature already on? Am I even barking up the right tree?!?

Many thanks in advance...

--
Best regards,
James.