Martin,

MM> My RH 7.3 php (distributed by RH) has --enable-ftp, so it was
MM> compiled with the ftp support.
MM> Check yor sintax. Could have a typo somewhere.

Very weird - I thought RedHat would have enabled it too. I did
copy-and-paste the problem command to check I was searching for the
right one. Here's the error, just for clarity: -

        Fatal error: Call to undefined function: ftp_connect() in
                                        /home/www/script.php on line 2

...and the line in question is like...   <?php   ftp_connect();  ?>

Anyway, maybe I should check the RH distro. Can you run the following
on your box for me so I can compare please?

      rpm -qa | grep -i php | sort ; uname -mrspv

Here's what my system shows for the above...

      php-4.1.2-7.1.6
      php-imap-4.1.2-7.1.6
      php-mysql-4.1.2-7.1.6
      Linux 2.4.18-19.7.x #1 Thu Dec 12 09:00:42 EST 2002 i686 unknown

Maybe even try an "rpm -qi php" for more details on that package.

Thanks in advance.

--
Best regards,
James.