Martin,

MM> When I say RH, I mean RedHat. The diference seems to be that I'm
MM> on 7.3, while you're on 7.1.
MM> Still, it should be compiled with ftp support.

Yes, and we're patched with recent releases too, so I'd have thought
so. However, the last RPM update did mush a couple of things that
normally it gets right. I wonder if the last patch was duff?

I was wondering if you were able to check the exact RH release of your
PHP package, to see if it matched mine?

MM> When you run phpinfo() the output gives you the configure line
MM> with which php was compiled, so check there if it was or wasn't
MM> compiled with ftp support.

Well, I am not 100% sure. The phpinfo() reports the following:

                "...tem' '--with-ftp' '--with-zlib..."

...but the doc's and the people sometimes talk about "--with-ftp" and
sometimes talk about "--enable-ftp". It's really not quite clear.

Certainly looks like it's _behaving_ as though it has no FTP, and I'm
increasingly getting the impression that RH released an RPM patch that
wasn't exactly right... I'll poke them too perhaps.

Thanks for your comments so far. Let me know if you can find your PHP
version and release details - ta.

--
Best regards,
James.