Here's a bit more info - just for clarity and understanding of what's
going on...
There are actually 3 server involved -
My current web site is hosted on my isp's server.
I have another server here in my office which contains about a gigabyte of
down-
loadable docs.
And we have our ecommerce site, which is integrated into MAS200, our ERP
system.
On the original web site (on the isp's sever) are  links to the other two
servers.
This is all fine. This system works, it's not the most efficient, but it
works.
I am setting up a new server to host my web site, which will include the
downloadable
docs (thus I will be removing that extra sever from all this), and will
co-locate it at my
isp's office. (Rather than have them host my site on their server.)
Okay, so the web site on my new server is a mirror of the existing site on
my isp's server.
That existing site has no problem linking to and logging into the remote
ecommerce server.
But, my new server is the one with the problem. The isp's server is
running php-4.2.2. Mine
is running 4.2.3.
So, the same web page can access the remote ecommerce server fine on the
isp's system,
but not on mine. I have a call in to the isp's tech support, I'll try to
get a copy of their php.ini
and find out what is differant between theirs and mine.
--
Chip