Look for anything outside of the <tr> or <td> tags in the rest of your
table. That's generally what causes things like this.

---John Holmes...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Denis L. Menezes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "PHP general list" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2003 10:40 AM
Subject: [PHP] strange problem

Hello friends,

Following is the part html output of my page got from View-source in IE.

The problem is that I gate a big blank gap on the output page from the top
until about 10 lines height and only then the table is displayed. As you see
I have no <BR> tags here. Can someone tell me why I get blank space?

Quote :

<head>
<title>Untitled Document</title>
</head>

      <STRONG>The Whatson database has found the following 15 students
:</STRONG>    </td>

Unquote

Thanks
Denis