----- Original Message -----
From: Mark Mckee
basically yes. i will be using a php page that will log on to his
server, download the file to a tmp directory, ammend it then upload the
new file overwriting the existing one.
> Re: i am unable to append to the file in the correct place.
> Do you mean you can append a file on his server, but not the one you want?
> Or is it putting the contents in the wrong place within the file?

it opens the correct file, but writes over the data even with write set to
append
===================

Hi Mark,
Can't you read his file to a temp file on your server,
insert the data to where you want it to go,
then overwrite his file?

I don't know much about ftping, except the program I use upload stuff.
When you say you are ftping to his site, have you wrote a program to login with
his password and upload the file, or are you just writing to a writable file?
Regards, Bob E.

Community email addresses:
  Post message: php-list@yahoogroups.com
  Subscribe:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]