I am about to start on a long overdue project - proofing all the contact
forms across various sites against unwanted messages... note that I am
not using the dreaded S* word to avoid some people's s-blockers.

The first thing is to understand the problem - how do they insert their
messages?

I would have thought that POSTing to the thank-you page would be the
easiest method for them.  So I would have thought that they would visit
the email-me page, find the variable names, and save them, then POST to
the thank-you page, using the variable names.

Yet, I see so many CAPTCHA forms, which won't stop this method.

So am I misunderstanding what the problem is?

I am not talking about hiding addresses here, I am talking about
protecting PHP contact forms.

--
Pete Clark

Sunny Andalucia