On Thursday 04 October 2001 10:36 am, Friedhelm Betz wrote:
> Hi Phil,
>
> Thursday, October 04, 2001, 12:14:42 PM, you wrote:
> > On Thursday 04 October 2001 9:50 am, Friedhelm Betz wrote:
> >> You are right, these two reg files are there. But the manual
> >> (install.xml) mentionend a file called php_iis_reg.inf ( see above) and
> >> this was the point I am talking about. In win-distribs this file seems
> >> to be not there and if this is not in the win-distribution our docs
> >> should be corrected.
> >
> > I understand, and I agree that the docs should be corrected to the
> > correct filename. I think we should not mention the ISAPI reg file in the
> > docs as PHP probably won't work in that mode, and even if it does, it
> > won't work well and will create a load of support traffic on the lists.
> >
> > Cheers
>
> Another point: the included install.txt in the win distrib is somewhat
> different in this point (installing on windows and IIS/PWS). This may
> confuse some people.
> I think they should be in sync.
>
>  Friedhelm
Agreed - when I revamped the install.txt file a few months ago I also did a
new version of the intall.xml file and asked for it to be committed to the
doc cvs tree (I wasn't on the doc mailing list at the time, and I'm not sure
my karma is up to fiddling with the doc tree). Anyhow, it didn't happen, and
both files have been changed quite a bit since then. It took me over a day to
do the xml file (largely because I'm totally unfamiliar with the tagging you
use) and I can't spare that amount of time at the moment. I think that the
install.txt file is currently more correct than the manual with regard to
windows installation, and it also contains useful hints and tips for common
installation problems which should go into the manual.

I'm happy to work with someone familiar with the php doc system to sort
things out.

Cheers
--
Phil Driscoll